Monday, January 24, 2011

3 shows and a movie I am super excited about!

Every now and then you find yourself in tv series goldmine.  Usually you only strike gold here and there, but I have dug into a "Superpit" mine of solid gold tv watching.  I have not been this excited about anything since I discovered 30 Rock, How to make it in America and Breaking Bad a while back.  So here they are- in no particular order:

1) Community- I watched five minuted of this here and there late on TV when nothing was on, but did not give it the commitment and time it deserved so passed when it first came out.  BUT I have been watching a marathon of this since I got tonsilitis and this has been painful for me, cos it is full of laugh out loud funny bits that make my tonsils hurt.  I love the movie references, I love the dialogue but mostly I love the end credit joke segments.
2) Treme- a new show ( I think) based in New Orleans after the Hurricane.  Its gritty, dark and dirty and thats just how it looks.  My little L (7 months) loves it too, which brought a whole new love for me, watchign him completely mesmorised by the brass sections and New Orleans Funk.  Great soundtrack, great visuals- 1 episode in and can't wait to see and hear more
3) The Black Donnelly's - set in NY in the Irish neighbourhoods, revolving around the lives and transformation of four brothers as they enter the organised crime world.  Again- only one episode in but I am looking forward to more and upset knowing this is the only season as it has already been cancelled- arrghhh, does that mean it will only go downhill or yet another case of networks not allowing good shows to develop, well will have to watch more to tell you.

Too much to watch and not enough time, and what to watch first?

and on a p.s. note
Watched Catfish (movie) the other night.  Can't tell you what it is about, and don't try to find out or let anybody tell you but WATCH IT.  The potential for someone ruining it, or accidently reading something is too great so don't delay and watch it soon.  It had me on the edge of my seat, talking to the screen, can't miss a minute attention span- and was the source of much contemplation and heated discussion afterwards- which for me is always the sign of a great movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment